The list of servers doesn't work...
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
IMPORTANT NOTE: This project is still alive! Even thou it has been around all over the internet for 5 years and updates come out every 2 to 4 months, I'm still constantly developing it. Progress may be slow, but it's there. Thank you for your understanding! <3
Direct copy from my webpage:
- Story: Experience the story behind Portal Mortal! Who is the mysterious author behind the signs? W.I.P.
- Dozens of collectibles: Find and collect dozens of hidden items, such as hats and masks! The road is not always easy and you have to search carefully your surroundings to find a way, but that's just the beginning.
- Character customization: Use your found collectibles to make the character look the way you want. Change hat, mask or even the look of your portals!
- Wide variety of levels: There are levels for everybody: For complete beginners to people who just can't get enough challenge.
- Replay: Watch all your attempts running around the level at the same time!
- In-game level editor: Create, Modify, Download and Upload! Easy to use, always there! Create your own levels, share them with your friends and share the pain! Want to explore the level you haven't completed yet? Want to make some modifications to ease or harden your task? Everything is possible!
- Different themes: While creating a level, you can choose its theme. Theme will affect not only to music, but also some of the graphics! If you don't like the default themes, you can always create your own!
- Co-op with up to 32 players: Play with your friends! Who reaches the exit first? Who will survive the longest? Level needs... something? Add it on the fly! Play locally or over the internet... or both combined!
- Local Co-op with up to 4 players: Play with your friends in a same computer using gamepads! Play locally, host or join in existing online game!
- Play with Windows, Linux and Mac: Choose your operating system for gaming!
- Electro pumping soundtrack by DJJusbi: Beautiful and energetic soundtrack which will keep your adrenaline pumping!
- Localisation: Play with your own language! Currently English, Finnish and Russian are the only included languages.
- Keyboard or Gamepad: Do you prefer gamepad over keyboard? Do you like to rebind your keys/buttons? You can do that!
|Updated||18 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||brutal, collectibles, Co-op, deadly, editor, mortal, Multiplayer, Pixel Art, portal, Retro|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
|Multiplayer||Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|
- Download zip
- Extract zip
- Open folder "PortalMortal"
- Open "PortalMortal.exe"
- Download zip
- Extract zip
- Check README.txt and make sure you have all the needed packages installed
- Use terminal or manually run "runner" inside "PortalMortal" folder
- Download zip
- Check your security settings that it allows files from unregistered developers
- If Mac claims file to be damaged, open your terminal and type the following without quotes: "sudo spctl --master-disable"
- Move PortalMortal to Applications
- See README.txt for additional help
- Launch the game
- Version 0.6.1 to add more eye candy and QoL improvements18 days ago
- Version 0.6.0 will brighten your day!May 16, 2019
- Version 0.5.1 brings tons of fixes on the table!Dec 28, 2018
- Version 0.5.0 surfaces with brand new menu systemAug 31, 2018
- Version 0.4.1 aka "Hotfix"Dec 10, 2017
- Version 0.4.0 is out!Nov 30, 2017
- Version 0.3.1 has been released!Aug 17, 2017
- The Holy TrinityMay 04, 2017
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
It appears to work for me. Few things to check and be aware of:
1) There isn't any official servers.
2) Make sure that the host isn't behind VPN and/or has their ports opened.
3) Hit refresh to update server listing.
If none of these will fix the problem, could you open this issue a bit more, please? I just tried to host a game and it listed as expected.
Ok thanks, I didn't realise it only scanned for local hosts.
If master server can't ping you, then it won't list your server. There wouldn't be any point of listing inaccessible servers to server list. Also, if you choose not to list your server, other players can still join through direct IP, either local or public. :)
Man you should continue with this project, I just LOVE it
OMG I love this game